Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hot 107.


It's been a while since we did a Radio Station of The Day thingy...so here goes.
I'm delighted that one of my old co-workers has landed his first major market PD gig. I worked with Russell James back on LG73 and Z95.3 in Vancouver in the early and mid-90s. RJ was always the 'new music' guy and just loved the industry and the radio life. I remember his passion for cars...he drove everything from a Porsche to a Hummer!

Now he's PD at Edmonton's Hot107, the new CHR in town and I hope it goes amazingly well for him. It should do, he knows CHR better than pretty much anyone I've met.

The station launched last week and is rolling out 10,000 songs commercial free to get things moving.
True to Russell's style, the station is very much involved in the Social Media side of things, with links all over the front page of the website to their Twitter feed, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr.

No presenters announced yet...the site says : "We’re making sure we find the HOTTEST DJs on the planet. Check back soon to see who we’ve found"!
Take a look around and a listen to their live stream for imaging etc.
Best wishes to all involved :-)
Hot 107 Webpage.