Thursday, June 4, 2009

No More R&R.


Well, I didn't see this one coming...
Radio & Records to cease publication from tomorrow.
That's according to Corey Deitz.
The magazine has been on the go for 36 years and I remember we used to scan their playlists and charts way back in the Sunshine 101 days. It was seen as the great radio publication.
I used to love reading their jobs section just for the heck of it, to see gigs going in San Diego and New York and Orlando - it was all very much of it's time I guess.
All of the R&R services are to end, not just the mag.
Real pity to see this legend go. I haven't read it in ages and maybe I'm not alone in that - says it all I guess.

According to Deitz: "The publication took a mild hit in the mid to late 1990s when consolidation in the Radio industry drastically reduced it's classified advertisements for jobs and related services".

It will be consolidated with billboard magazine now and that's evident when you click on this link http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/radioandrecords.html
The link kicks off with a letter from Gerry Byrne of Neilson Business Media and after half a minute automatically transforms into the main Billboard site.

So long R&R.