Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mister FreeLance!

It's been a long time since I flogged my services on a short term basis - ie Freelanced, but that's exactly what I've been doing for the last little while.
Let me tell you , it's weird and scary...but exciting at the same time. Showing up in brand new buildings, needing to learn a station's playout system and format and then executing it to their standards is quite the task. Talk about kicking yourself out of your comfort zone !
But what fun too.
Seriously. Walking into a studio for the first time and just 'getting on with it' is a blast.
Last week, I was on air at Today FM. Today is the national independent broadcaster in Ireland and is an incredibly entertaining station to listen to, so it was a real thrill for me to be able to be a part of their sound.
The show I filled in for was The Ray Foley Show...Ray is an exceptional talent and a very funny guy. I've known him for a long time (I believe I was taller than him at one point)! If you get a chance, take a listen 'young Ray' weekday afternoons from Noon-2:30pm. His National Radio Presenter of the year award in 2007 says it all.

I've got some more freelance work lined up for this month and am looking forward to learning another new station format etc.
After that one...who knows?
A nice couple of weeks on the air in the South of France would be nice !

Listen to Ray Foley on: http://www.todayfm.com